Friday, August 8, 2008

Blogging virgin

Hello everyone. Welcome to my first ever attempt at blogging. I have seen a few people do this before, so I figured I was fully capable of writing down my thoughts. I thought about doing this a few years back during my insane years as a police officer, but I think I will save that time for my book. I will keep this for my friends and family to laugh at while I am working my way through school. I am sure many of my rants will be retroactive so bare with me. I love how bloggers write as though someone actually is reading this. hahahaha

I will start out with how excited I am to be going to Baylor Law School. I honestly thought I was going to end up at St. Mary's or South Texas. Not to knock those schools, because I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to both of them. They are great schools in their own right, but "The best belong at Baylor." ( I know I am cheesy.) I was a little bummed when I saw that I had to wait until Spring to start, but beggars can't be choosers. I have really felt like part of a family even though school is months ahead. I have added just about everyone of my classmates on Facebook (FB) and have spoke at least once to most of them. If I haven't talked to you, and you are reading this, please send me a message. I have gone from checking FB once every couple of months to daily!!! Thanks Baylor. lol So far, I have enjoyed talking to my classmates. This was such a great idea. I tend to be a little shy the first 5 minutes after meeting someone. :) Now I can skip all of that. I can tell I am going to make some special lifelong friends already.

Where do I live?????? Apartment hunting stalled. I have spent literally days looking online and mapping out apartments to visit. Turns out I am looking too early. I have some good prospects that I hope will be available in January. My real dilemma begins with size. I won custody of my son when he was 5 years old. He is now almost 16. My plan has always been to take him with me when I move to Waco. However, some recent events have me second guessing myself. After getting in trouble at the endof the last school year, he decided he wanted to go live with his Mom. I knew this might be trouble. I was right. He was arrested for curfew violation, public intoxication, and evading the police. Kind of crazy from an ex-cop's kid!!!! Now I am unsure what to do. He has to stay up there for his court date and it does not make sense to transfer him mid-semester. Do I really need to deal with him doing these things while I am in law school? It doesn't matter if he is with his mom or me. He is still going to do what he wants when he is away from home. I can't handcuff him to his bed 24/7, although I would love to do that! lol

This is probably too much for a blog, so I am going to close for now. If someone is actually reading this, you must be bored. hahahaha

No comments: