Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last night...

The fights were awesome last night. I was disappointed in Roger Huerta's performance, but I have to give Kenny credit for being a badass. Brock Lesnar needs some jiu jitsu training!!!! GSP is the man! The party will be at my house for his next fight against BJ Penn!!!! The best part about last night was hanging out with my old partner and a couple of rookie cops from my old shift. It brought back a lot of memories of when I was young and full of piss and vinegar. You feel like Superman and ready to save the world. Unfortunately, between all of the dead bodies, drunk drivers, dope pushers, prostitutes, and wife & child abusers, you lose all of that good feeling. I hope they take advanatage of the opportunity they have and don't let the job get to them like most of us have. They somewhat look up to my old partner but an apparent belief that he doesn't like to do police work. It is sad to talk to my partner sometimes, because he has a hard time trusting anyone since I left. We knew that we had each others' backs when the shit hit the fan. He doesn't have that anymore. I pray that he stays safe out there!

On a lighter note, I am looking forward to a day on the couch watching the Olympics! :) Team USA baby!!!!

No comments: