Monday, August 18, 2008

Friday Night Lights (take 2)

Blasted!!! I wrote a long post and this stupid blog site crashed before I pushed the post button!!! I will attempt to recreate the blog, but it is never as good as the first.

A couple of weeks ago, I was playing around on Craigs List jobs, not just the personals, and found a posting for Friday Night Lights extras. I was bored and obviously had nobody to talk to at the moment, so I decided to answer the post. Long story short, I had to fill out a questionnaire online and attach a photo. I went ahead, against my better judgment, and filled out the form. Oddly enough, last week I received an e-mail about a casting call for a show. I was supposed to call a number that will give me the location and show up at 7 am wearing a business suit. Since my Outlook crapped out on me earlier in the night, I didn't get the message until 1 am. Needless to say I didn't call the number. I just figured it was a spam or a fluke anyway, so I didn't lose any sleep over it. Well, today I get an e-mail for FNL fan extras. I figured it would be a good experience, since I have never done anything like that. It sure wasn't for the whopping 56 bucks a day. lol PLus, the filming is Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. What else am I going to do? :) I called the number on the e-mail and heard a voice message. The message was that they are receiving a lot of calls, so keep calling back. I hung up and laughed it off. I thought to myself that I would try one more time, and if I got the message I wouldn't try again. I called and a nice woman answered the phone, and explained this was my first time. She giggled and asked if I was calling about the fan extra casting. I told her yes and gave her my name. She asled me to hold on, and after a few minutes came back on the line. She had to verify my listing I suppose, but when she came back she asked me how would I like to be an opposing coach instead of a fan extra. I was like HELL YEAH! :) She asked me to commit to all three days, since there are only five coaches. I committed!!!!! :) I know there is a long shot that I will ever make it on the show, but it would be neat to see my face on TV for something positive for a change. :) Who knows, it may spark a passion for acting. hahahaha Not! Nothing is stopping me from going to Baylor Law School baby! :)

I will update my blog fri, Sat, and Sun with all of the cool stuff from FNL!!!

Well, I am off to catch up on the show. I haven't seen it since the first season, and I don't want to show up like a complete idiot! lol

Peace!

No comments: